Thursday, August 5, 2010

Good Things & Happy Faces

There are many good things going on in the garden. The cantaloupe and muskmelons are growing like crazy. I am hoping for a ripe melon in about a week. I usually grow a small variety of cantaloupe. Therefore, I'm not sure how big these will get before they start to ripen.

The cucumbers are non-stop at the moment. I have given several pounds away and am still up to my ears in cucumbers! I am presently making a batch of dill, bread & butter and cucumber relish. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the rest of the cucumbers!


This picture is from two days ago. They have grown quite a bit in the past two days!

Happy Hibiscus
I planted these hibiscus last year for my "Little Garden Helper". The seeds were given to me from one of my clients in 2008. Last year, there was one plant. This year, there are several plants. They are so big and beautiful! They look fake!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you will be enjoying it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that one will be a good one, I bet! It's definitely that time of year again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first year growing melons. I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER for them to ripen. Hopefully they won't burst open on me one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing - it's huge! We can't grow melon here - the season is too short. Too bad though I bet they taste amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of everyone growing melons right now, as I don't have any.
    You are lucky to have all that cucumbers. This year we have just enough to eat in salads. I was hoping for more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!